Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Perfect Protein Pancakes 2.0


Perfect Protein Pancakes

For those of you who are like me, I love having pancakes on Sunday morning. Here is a simple easy to make recipe for protein pancakes.The recipe below is for 1 serving.
You will need:
5 egg whites – I normally use a little more than 3/4 cup of All Whites.
1 scoop of vanilla Intek
 protein powder  (you can use any flavor you like)
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 table spoons of whole wheat flour.  (I use coconut flour but it tastes like coconut)
1 packet of stevia (or any other sweetener)
Water
Bowl
Cooking spray
Pan
Spatula
Instructions:
Pre cook oatmeal according to directions on the oatmeal.
Mix the eggs, protein, cooked oatmeal, flour and stevia in abowl.  Slowly add water while stirring until you reach the desired consistency (that of regular pancake batter).
Heat up the pan at medium heat. Spray with the cooking spray. Wait about 5-10 minutes for it to heat up.
Add the batter to the pan. I would use between 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup per pancake.  
Cook like you would regular pancakes. About 3 minutes each side.
Topping Suggestions:
Add whatever you would like to the pancakes; walnuts, pecans, blueberries or chocolate chips.
I add these items when I first pour the batter into the pan. I’ll place some on top of the batter in the pan and then I’ll flip the pancake.

When the pancakes are all cooked I top them with sugar free or lite syrup and maybe some whip cream.

Hope you enjoy these pancakes as much as I do!


Feel free to stop by the store and see me.

Have a Healthy Day,
Seth Cairns

No comments:

Post a Comment